This beauty, a praying mantis that I appeared to have interrupted during its praying, was just hanging out on a wall the other morning. It almost has that look of “Hey, what are you looking at? Can’t you see I’m praying?”
There were many unanswered questions at the end of “Stranger Things,” a Netflix show I got sucked into binge watching with my wife. At least now we know how Barb is doing, thanks to Jimmy Fallon.
From Vanity Fair…
- “One of the points I’m making in the book is that, whoever you’ve been and wherever you’ve been, it never leaves you,” he said, expanding upon this thought with the most Springsteen-esque metaphor possible: “I always picture it as a car. All your selves are in it. And a new self can get in, but the old selves can’t ever get out. The important thing is, who’s got their hands on the wheel at any given moment?”
Bruce’s book, Born to Run, comes out the end of September. The media blitz about the book is beginning, and articles like this one just make me more excited for its arrival.
- We’re all eager to see new Macs, especially the rumored MacBook Pro that features a major design overhaul with an OLED function bar, but unfortunately, refreshed Macs are not expected at the September 7 event.
The MacBook Pro event is really the one I’m looking forward to.
- Multiple reputable sources have said the event will focus on the iPhone and Apple Watch 2, with Macs to come later in the year, perhaps as soon as October.
Even though there won’t be new MacBook Pros announced (probably, unless there is “one more thing”), it’s always fun seeing what new toys Apple has coming out, even if the Internet tends to ruin the surprises.
On a walk the other day I noticed nature’s reality was cooler than augmented reality, if only because Pokemon Go just keeps giving me the same stuff day after day. It might be time to pay attention to the world around me when I go for walks instead of my virtual world on my iPhone.
Want more silly songs? Check out my YouTube channel!
- 10. Ted: “It’s an entirely different kind of flying, altogether.” Dr. Rumack and Randy: “It’s an entirely different kind of flying.”
I’ll always remember going to the movies as a family and seeing “Airplane,” and laughing a lot. My mom was about the only person in the theater who got this joke right away and started laughing.
- Manigault, a former contestant on Donald Trump’s NBC reality competition series “The Apprentice,” was recently named director of American-American outreach for the Trump campaign.
Omarosa, you’re hired! Hard to believe she was on “The Apprentice” over ten years ago, and just won’t go away.
- On the surface, it would appear that Calvin Harris has had a rough year. He got into a car accident, parted ways with superstar girlfriend Taylor Swift and saw a $3 million dip in annual income. But it would take much more to knock Harris from his throne: he still pulled in $63 million, making him the highest-paid DJ in the world.
The bad news is:
- “The bubble has already burst in America,” says Steve Aoki (No. 5, $23.5 million), who played 198 times in the past year despite vocal cord surgery. “You can see it in Vegas’ DJ landscape.”
Says the guy who made $23.5 million last year.
Who knew you could make so much spinning discs.
- “This book is both a continuation of that story and a search into its origins. I’ve taken as my parameters the events in my life I believe shaped that story and my performance work. One of the questions I’m asked over and over again by fans on the street is “How do you do it?” In the following pages I will try to shed a little light on how and, more important, why.”
I’m sort of excited about new iPhones coming out in September, but as far as I’m truly concerned September 27th, when Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography “Born to Run” comes out, can’t come soon enough.